Map for Mobile, the City’s comprehensive plan, was drafted and adopted through a community-driven process and offers a vision for preservation, revitalization, and growth.
As a major step toward implementing the plan, an overhaul of the City’s zoning codes is underway. Below you can learn about the process, and view and comment on draft work products.
Technical Advisory Committee
Mayor Stimpson has appointed 15 members to the new Zoning Technical Advisory Committee represented by individuals from the corporate, environmental, and academic communities, as well as from neighborhood and civic groups. The Zoning Technical Advisory Committee will be responsible for providing review and comment to the City and its planning consultants regarding the zoning code, as drafts are prepared.
|2)||Mobile Board of Adjustment||Bill||Guess|
|4)||Downtown Mobile Alliance||Karrie||Maurin|
|5)||Mobile Restaurant Association||Bob||O’Mainsky|
|6)||Mobile County Commission||Matthew||Barclift|
|7)||Mobile Area Water and Sewer Service||Daryl||Russell|
|9)||Keller Williams Realty||Becca||Shaw|
|10)||Barton & Shumer Engineering, LLC||David||Shumer|
|11)||Mobile Bay NEP||Roberta||Swann|
|12)||Merrill P. Thomas Real Estate Co.||Pratt||Thomas|
|13)||Maynard, Cooper & Gayle||Jay||Watkins|
|14)||Wattier Surveying Co.||Mark||Wattier|
|15)||Sam Winter Real Estate Co.||Sam||Winter|
The draft zoning code updates will be prepared as a series of modules according to the following schedule. Draft modules will be posted on this page for public comment.
As the City of Mobile moves forward with the overhaul of the zoning code and subdivision regulations, please consider that the documents provided to the public for review are preliminary, working drafts. It is anticipated that the process of revising and editing the draft Articles of the Unified Development Code will continue over the next several months, prior to the presentation of documents for consideration by the Mobile City Planning Commission and Mobile City Council.
new Denotes items posted within the past 30 days.
- Composite Response to Public Comments Received between 10-14-17 and 11-13-17 new
- Composite Response to Public Comments Received as of 10-14-17
- Article 2: Development and Design Standards (Draft 9/21/17)
- Article 3: Zoning District Standards (Draft 10/10/17)
- Table of Uses Matrix (Draft 10/10/17)
- Article 4: Development Standards (Draft 10/13/17)
- Article 5: Procedures & Platting (Draft 10/13/17)
- Article 6: Signs (Draft 10/10/17)
- Article 7: Nonconformities (Draft 11/17/17) new
- Article 8: Enforcement (Draft 11/17/17) new
- Article 9: Agencies (Draft 11/17/17) new
- Article 10: Definitions (Draft 10/16/17)